Saturday, August 20, 2011

Real Weddings: Lenora's Bouquet

Lenora wanted a very natural feel for her wedding and so she wanted all of her flowers to come from the cutting garden. I love the cutting garden but it always makes me a little nervous just because I never quite know what will be blooming and cutting garden flowers don't have the same life-span as greenhouse or specially cultivated varieties (especially on hot days). But she was laid back about the colors, just so long as it was colorful and contained sunflowers. The bridesmaids and I trekked on out there and picked and picked (it was hard to get some of them to stop picking and believe that we really did have enough!). There's always one more perfect bloom you can't pass up! (A really fun bunch of bridesmaids!)
I was thrilled with the colors when we got out there. We opted for snapdragons, sunflowers, chive blossoms, lavender, solidago, bupleurum, and rudebeckia. The navy bridesmaids' dresses set them off perfectly! I'll show you the professional shots when I get them.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...