Thursday, August 4, 2011

Boutonniere Details

I love detailed boutonnieres! (Even though I use that word ALL the time, I still have to double check my spelling on it!) They're like the appetizer of flowers - one perfect bite. The classic rose is definitely fine but I'm a fan of the unique.

Lenora was really easy going and had so many colors in her flowers that the bouts had endless possibilities. While we were at the cutting garden one of her bridesmaids spotted the chive heads and that's exactly what I wanted to use! I found some poppy pods and we were set to go! I added a sprig of lavender to mimic the bridesmaids and also to mask any scent that the chive might give off. The twine suits it perfectly don't you think?

Any pictures of favorite boutonnieres out there?
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...