Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Feature Flower: Bird of Paradise

This was another arrangement for design school showcasing the fibonacci sequence played out in floral design.  It also used birds of paradise, so I thought I'd focus on them!  They're a tropical flower and, like most tropicals, long lasting. They are more expensive but you get size, durability, and long life. They lend a very structured and modern effect to arrangements.  (I used them in a wedding this summer that I still need to post pictures from.)  What do you think?  Do you like them?

2 comments:

  1. Lovely...Birds of Paradise are bountiful in Santa Cruz and often are just growing wild.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Got to say I'm a little jealous - it seems like California can grow anything!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...