Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Lingerie Shower

Since my sister couldn't make it in until right before the wedding we held the lingerie shower the morning before the wedding.  Yes our schedule was ridiculously packed for the wedding weekend but we managed!
We combined it with the bridesmaids' party and my sister, sister-in-law and I threw a light brunch at my mom's house.
I found the metal jewelry holders (a dress and shoe) at Ross!  We hung the pearl necklaces (the gift from the bride to the bridesmaids) on them.  We used my great grandmother's and grandmother's tablecloth and lace runner.
We didn't have tons of time to decorate but my sister-in-law and I made these "ooh la la" signs with cardstock folded accordion style and punched with a Martha Stewart puncher.  Mimosas are hiding in the back there.
Cheddar Scallion Savory Cupcakes and Smoked Salmon with Dill Cream Cheese.

We placed favor boxes (from the Dollar Store) filled with runts and jelly beans (some of my sister's favorite candies) all over the room.

My sister-in-law Naphtali, Carolyn - the bride!, my mom, my sister Kajsa, and me (Naphtali and I made an impromptu veil since we couldn't find a cheap one anywhere! and I made a babies' breath bouquet)
Kajsa showing off the banner (another Dollar Tree find).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...