Thursday, September 16, 2010

Christine's Baby Shower

Rachel and I threw an elephant/carnival themed baby shower for our friend Christine.  I designed the elephant and we used it to create the posters, put it on the popcorn bags, food labels, and on the picks.
From our paper garland scraps Laura made the mini bunting.
Caramel Cupcakes (recipe here - This is a time consuming and detailed recipe but it's good if you have the time. I followed her alterations on the frosting, adding less butter and caramel,  but it was still way to soft.  I had to refrigerate it and even so it ran.  Next time I'd increase the amount of egg whites or decrease the amount of butter.)  The Caramel Apple Cupcakes were really easy and also delicious. No alterations required! (recipe here)
Here's my baking assistant!


"Elephant Ear Cookies" - otherwise known as Palmiers.  My mother in law made these - she followed Martha Stewart's recipe and used frozen puffed pastry.

Our paper garland. Directions in the post below.

Rachel's great caramel corn

Me, Rachel, and Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...