Monday, April 4, 2011

Sugar Cookie Recipe

This is my mom's sugar cookie recipe that she's made for years.  We use it for any roll out sugar cookie you need - it's not too sweet and has a great texture.  This was the first time I tried putting it on sticks and it worked great.  I rolled it a little thicker, chilled the dough after cutting out the shapes to avoid them getting misshapen from the stick, and then slid the sticks into the cookies right before I put them in the oven.

Ingredients:
1c butter
1c pwd sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
dash salt
2.5c flour

Cream the butter and powdered sugar.  Add the vanilla and beaten egg. Sift in salt and flour.  


Roll to 1/8in thick. Cut out shapes.


(optional - chill.  I've found this helps the cookies maintain their shape)


Bake at 350 F for 8min (or lightly golden).


(These freeze well too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...