Monday, February 21, 2011

Sunday Waffle Bar Brunch

(The only shot I got of the table and this was before we loaded it up!)

Yesterday after church we celebrated my sister in law's birthday with a brunch at our place!  We did a waffle bar with eggs benedict.  The nice thing about waffles and poached eggs is that it doesn't take up a lot of time baking the day before (and friends brought the toppings) but it does mean last minute busyness with people manning various stations.  
My husband manned the sausage and english muffin toasting, my sister in law did the egg poaching, my mom whipped up amazing scones, and I did the waffles so it all worked out. Thanks for the help!

I had leftover hearts cut out from my paper heart garland (which was still hanging up) and I used those for labels and the color scheme: pink/yellow Februaryish.


I was thrilled to find a number of these bottles at Ross (cheaper than IKEA even! IKEA carries these too if you're looking.)
The aperture setting was all messed up on my camera and I didn't notice while I grabbed these between cooking waffles.

The birthday girl - making perfect poached eggs!  (Sorry for the lack of pictures.  We were too busy eating.)

Recipes: 
Hollandaise - Alton Brown - fantastic! added a little extra cayenne.
Buttermilk Waffles - Cooks Illustrated - also great, tripled it no problem
Oat and Whole Wheat Waffles - Martha Stewart (used normal buttermilk - good!! we used the mango sauce as a base, cooked it slightly, and added spices and honey; nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...