Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Shredded Chicken Cabbage Salad

Sorry about the picture- I took it a day later of the leftovers so it was a lot more vibrant when it was fresh! I love using cabbage for salads - it holds up well and you get a lot for your buck. (Cabbage salads make great reception/shower etc.. food.) I didn't write the measurements down when I was making it so these are VERY rough estimates. And since I was so pressed for time I used a rotisserie chicken which worked great! (I also didn't have to heat the grill or the oven.)

Salad:
1 small rotisserie chicken shredded (chicken breasts would work for this too)
1/2 head red cabbage -sliced in the food processor
1/2 head green cabbage -sliced in the food processor
1 bunch of green onions - chopped
1/2 red pepper - chopped
1 c. (more or less) shredded carrots

Dressing: (these are major approximations! just do it to taste.)
3 T.-4T.  seasoned rice vinegar
pinch of chinese 5 spice
2 T. - 3T. fresh ginger - peeled and finely chopped
3 cloves garlic - peeled and diced
2 t. sesame oil
salt
pepper
pinch of sugar

Toppings:
salted peanuts
chow mein noodles

Mix everything but the toppings together and chill for an hour or two.  Then add more dressing/spices/etc.. to taste.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...